The trip has begun. Well, we haven't left yet. But the Providence to San Francisco (P2SF) trip leaders and program director have gathered in Providence. Over the last few months we've done the advance preparation: securing hosts, donations, the curriculum, communication. Now the real work begins.
Frequently today we noted that a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. The anxiety of anticipation can be crushing. While I thought I was able to handle it, it effected my ability to produce. There was no problem, only the inevitable, and that became a problem for me.
It's going to be a great trip, in fact, the most successful Bike & Build trip ever. It will give all thirty-one participants all that they seek from it. And that starts with us, the leadership team. We need to be constantly aware of the result of our actions. It seems simple enough.
I've learned a lot about myself -- my strengths, my weaknesses and how to overcome them -- yet we haven't pedaled an inch. I'm excited for the next 4,138 miles, and what it will mean to the next decades.
No comments:
Post a Comment