Thursday, June 10, 2010

Donation Magic

Its amazing what people will give you if you ask and you've got a good reason. A restaurant donated a delicious meal tonight. They did it without hesitation, and they couldn't have been happier to help. It wasn't as if they saw our modest bill and signed off on it. They offered us anything on the menu, and brought out more than we ordered.

We saved the cost of that meal, and every penny we save is another donated to affordable housing. Thanks, Twist on Angell in Providence, Rhode Island. And all those that don't have proper roofs over their heads thank you too.

Six months ago, I don't know if I would have helped someone asking for a handout. Now I understand what it means to be the asker, and I'm happy to say that I'd help without hesitation.

I've learned the meaning of "donation magic."

No comments:

Post a Comment